The App is operated by Hoop Industries Ltd., trading as Hoop, also referred to as “We” and “Us”.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Hoop Industries Ltd, of Studio G.06, Clerkenwell Workshops, 27-31 Clerkenwell Workshops, London, EC1R 0AT.
Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Account information: The information that you provide by filling in forms on our site hoop.co.uk or the registration process for our App. This includes information provided at the time of registering for our newsletter or when contacting us. Your first name and the first letter of your surname as well as any photo you submit as part of the registration process.
- Public Content: The information you post to the App that is intended for public consumption including tips, photos and ratings. We may display this information on the App.
- Site Activity: We may store information about your use of the App, including but not limited to information about how you use the App, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive emails from Hoop. You can manage your preferences, but you cannot out of receiving certain legal or administrative notices from Hoop. If you enter one of our competitions we will keep a copy of the data you submit to us.
You are under no obligation to provide such information. Should you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information you provide to:
- Ensure that the content from our App is personalised to you most effectively.
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Administer your account with us.
- Identify visitors to the App
- Disclose to lawful authorities when required to do so by law.
- To provide location based services to you if (i) you have installed the App on a mobile device and permitted your mobile device to transmit location data in respect of this App, or (ii) you access our Website via a mobile browser and you allow the transmission of your location data when prompted by your browser.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our business users. This is statistical data about the browsing actions and patterns of our users.
We may obtain information about your usage of the App by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or the internal memory of your mobile device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive or your mobile device's internal memory. Cookies help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- Support our analytics, to estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our App according to your individual interests.
- To manage notifications and some of the content you see, so that you don’t keep seeing the same notifications over and over again.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our App.
If you register with the App or sign up for any of our newsletters or alerts, we will send you information about events and places we feel may interest you. Your email address may also be used to send you information about our other websites and businesses that we feel are relevant to your registration on the Website.
Additionally we may allow third parties, if you consent by opting-in to receive information and offers, to send you information directly which you may find useful regarding their products and services.
You can unsubscribe from receiving our newsletter by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link featured within each of our newsletters. Alternatively, recipients can edit their personal information or manage newsletter subscriptions by updating their information within their user profile.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our (or our third party service providers’) secure servers located in the United Kingdom and other European Economic Area countries. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website or our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, however, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our App; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Controlling Your Personal Data
If you include personal information in the content you post publicly, it may be possible for users of the App to identify you. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by limiting the amount of personally identifiable information that you choose to share on the App, though doing so may reduce the credibility of your contributions to the App.
Should you choose to close your account, we will remove all publics posts from view and disassociate them from your account profile.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Hoop or part of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website terms and conditions, mobile application terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hoop, our customers, or others.
- We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
- We may share information submitted as part of third party promotional activities only when you agree the specific Terms and Conditions of the promotion by opting in to the promotion.
The App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1988 to a copy of all personal information about you help by us. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
9-10 Charterhouse Buildings,